Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's it all about?

Recently the question was asked "Why would you be there?" They were referring to the Psychic TV concert, to which I'm tempted to say "To hear good music of course!" But that's only part of it! The same question has been asked of me lately about other events I've attended like the Scottsdale HRC meeting. The following answer applies to all of them:

To me, that's what being a Sister comes down to most of the time...being everybody's cheerleader. I believe we should each feel free to be fully ourselves whatever our gender or sexual orientation, no matter our skin color or music choice. I may like Christina Aguilara and you might like ACDC, what does that really have to do with anything?

You, like Genesis P.Orridge and her partner, may be intentionaly morphing your body as an artistic medium, or you may feel you are trapped in the wrong physicality and the best thing for you is to change the outside to fit what's within; what's really important is that you are living out who you are and feel free to do so without the cutting yourself and others down that guilt manifests itself as. I would hope we can support each other in feeling free to be ourself, whatever that is. I see the God/dess that is within you. As to tomorrow night, I just want us all to stay safe, and have fun!

To quote John Lennon, "You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate."

No comments: