Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Things that make me giggle #3 - Geraldine McQueen



Merry Xmas everybody. I really am not a huge fan of Christmas consumerism you know. Nuns, after all, do take a vow of poverty and there's 1.44 in the coffers. People feel guilty when you give them something if they have nothing to give you, although it does provide me with the opportunity to let go and let God/dess carry that particular burden.

But there are wonderful things about this time of year. People can be so giving in December. Yesterday I received a call from a woman from AZ Trans Alliance who had donated hundreds of dollars towards making sure the girls at This is HOW got to celebrate the holidays with gifts, food, and cleaning supplies for the house. She was stuck on the east coast for work, so she called and asked if I would play Santa Clause. And I am fortunate enough to have a partner who will drive me around last minute to make sure people she doesn't know are having a happy holiday be it Christmas, Kwanza, Channuka, Solstice, or Festivus for the rest of us. I felt like cindy lou who had handed me a present as we pulled up to This is HOW and dropped off gifts from a community member who couldn't be there in person.

So although I'm a big ol' ecclectic pagan myself, Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good holiday!

No comments: