Friday, December 19, 2008

Suicide is not the answer

A few years back, a friend went to the beach, sat down, and killed himself. I was shocked, hurt, and angry. I wished he had said something so that I could have reminded him there was another way.

This week I have listened as four separate LGBT individuals talked about thoughts of suicide. Four individuals who I care for deeply, and would mourn intensely if I lost them to suicide, or in any other way. I am grateful that they told me of their thoughts so that I could be there for them, listen, and tell them how much it would hurt to live without them. I ache for them, but I know that as Sister Unity said, happiness is inevitable. I believe they will each get through their struggles and come out the other side stronger for it. And on that note, check out what Sister Unity has to say for yourself:

No comments: