Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Prayers for Southern Californians



There are a lot of people I love in Southern California, and right now many in San Diego and Orange Counties who have been evacuated out of their homes with the fear that the fires will take them. Here's a link with updated information about the San Diego fires, evacuation areas, etc. http://tinyurl.com/37dvp2

I empathize with those who are now in the uncertain, unknowing of fire season.

Already over 700 homes have been lost and I really feel for those families. Hopefully the government will step up like it did after the Northridge Earthquakes with help replacing your homes. I offer a prayer of thanks for your safety, and hope for your future.

And for people like my sister who have been evacuated and are living in that uncertainty waiting to see if your homes are saved, I pray for your continued safety physically and emotionally, and strength and safety for all the hard working firefighters through the difficult times. I hope that the most homes possible are saved. I pray for a break in the winds and relief from the fires.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

No comments: