Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Party's Over.... the next begins!

Well thank you to everyone who came to our big party. I was shocked more people didn't show up afterwards to party with us, you missed out! So for those of you who have emailed me congratulations and wishing you could have made it, I will post a few pictures of my favorite moments! And of course, you will see pictures popping up on azsisters.org for days to come as everyone continues to send pics in, upload them to our flickr page, etc.

Sister Buffie Fae Taybul watched over the food for us. I loved the tiny corn dogs, singing pink flamingo, and general ambiance back there in the OZ bar. Oz bar is the back room at Club Forbidden. A bar within a bar... very interestink! Oh the things that must happen in Oz.

One of my favorite moments was when the visiting Sisters began to arrive.

Finally meeting our co-Mistresses of Missions, Sisters Merry Peter and Mary Timothy Simplicty in Person was one of my all time favorite moments of the night.

The performances by community members like Joe and Justice from the Phoenix Imperial Court...
Anson Reign of the Reigning Men ...

and this sexy drag king from Sisterzz Twisted were so much fun!

And my favorite part, the ritual. The MoMs really brought to life just the way I'd imagined it. The visiting Sisters pinned our black veils, and then we partied the night away! YAY!

And of course what better way to end the night than with the surprise naked male torso cake!

1 comment:

Stephanie Zinn said...

Hey Sister Mischif,

This is Stephanie, Meta Goforth-Zinn's partner. I was so moved by your ceremony last week that I felt compelled to comment.

As a person who was raised around Catholicism and has had a healthy disdane for organized religion through most of my life (not as much today as in previous years),I was very proud to see that our nuns are WAY cooler than theirs. I think it's great that the AZ gay community now has a group to support us in dark days and certainly to make ordinary days brighter.

What an inspiration it was to see that this community also has "veterans". The sisters from San Fransisco were fantastic and are part of gay history. It's also exciting to think that some day the AZ Sisters will have that same amount of history and will then be passing wisdom along to other Orders. Amazing!!

Anyway, I had a fantastic time on Friday and we hope that The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence continue, for many years, to help us shine bright, feel better about ourselves and lift our spirits as they always have.

Take Care and keep doing what you do, because WE love it!!

Love,
Steph